By Bakersfield Life Magazine
The nomination form for this contest is now available! See it here:
Do you know someone who is a:
• Champion in our community?
• Successful up-and-coming leader?
• Game changer in his or her professional career or school?
Then, he or she might eligible to be recognized in Bakersfield Life Magazine’s Top 20 Under 40 reader-submitted competition!
Starting this year, Bakersfield Life will celebrate the excellence of 20 local individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who are achieving greatness in their personal life, career, community or academics.
We are asking our readers to nominate individuals, and Bakersfield Life, along with our special partners, will judge and select 20 individuals under the age of 40 who represent the "Best of the Best" in Bakersfield.
For this Top 20 Under 40 program, Bakersfield Life Magazine will begin accepting nominations from March 15, 2013 to April 12, 2013.
Submissions will be only accepted by completing the online Nomination Form, which will go live on Bakersfield Life's website during the nomination period only. (A photograph of the nominee must be uploaded to the nomination form as well. 300 dpi is preferred).
You can nominate anyone between the ages of 18 and 40 who is considered a trailblazer in his or her professional or schooling, gives back to our community in special ways, exhibits leadership qualities, and serves as a role model for our town.
You can nominate an employee of your firm, a colleague, relative or friend. You can even nominate yourself (the nominator isn't made public). An independent group selected by Bakersfield Life magazine will judge the nominees based on the candidate's professional or academic experience, leadership skills and community service.
Individuals selected will be featured in the July edition of Bakersfield Life Magazine.
Deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Friday, April 12, 2013. Winners will be notified in June. Names will not be made public until the 20 Under 40 section is published on Saturday, June 29, 2013. Bakersfield Life encourages a diverse pool of candidates for its Top 20 Under 40 competition.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More on Eligibility
• The nominee must be between the ages of 18 and 40 in 2013
• They should exhibit qualities expressed in the Top 20 Under 40 criteria: Up-and-coming star in profession or academics, leadership and community service champion
• There is no limit to the number of entries each firm or person can submit, and there is no entry fee.
• Entries must be submitted online between the nomination period of March 15, 2013 to April 12, 2013.